Intravenous or Oral Sedation Pre-surgical Instructions:
- No foods or liquids, including water, should be taken by mouth for at least 6 hours before your surgical appointment. The only exception to this is if you need to take prescribed medicines during this period. Do so at the time you are supposed to take these medicines with as little water as possible.
- Bring someone with you who can drive you home after your appointment. You cannot drive a vehicle until the next day. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Someone MUST remain with you for AT LEAST 3 HOURS after surgery no matter how awake you feel. We will review surgery instructions with your ride before you leave.
- Try to get a good night’s sleep the day before your appointment—it will be helpful in achieving a smooth recovery.
Laughing gas only:
- No food or liquids for at least 2 hours before your appointment.
- You will be able to drive yourself to and from your appointment. It is not necessary to have someone accompany you or stay with you upon arrival home.
Remember, never hesitate to call with questions before your surgery—even after hours! It is very important you understand and adhere to the guidelines for surgery to ensure your safety and comfort.
- Dress comfortably: loose fitting clothes, short-sleeve, button-front shirt is preferred (please no ties, or tight-neck, high collar apparel).
- No contact lenses, tight clothing, tight shoes, jewelry, make-up or perfume/cologne.
- If you wear removable teeth, wear them to your appointment.
Because surgery time is so valuable, 1 week notice is required to change or cancel surgery appointment. Otherwise, there will be a $250 surgery set-up free charged for the reserved appointment time.
We will contact you the day before surgery to prescribe needed medication, review the above instructions and answer any questions. If you find you will not be available by phone the day before surgery, it will be necessary for you to call our office the week of your surgery for an early confirmation.